Our Client for this project has a business that operates in a fairly unique environment, where many locations have no wireless network or access to mobile networks. They needed a Field Service Mobility solution, but one which could work in this very restrictive “minimal network” environment. The Field Service Mobility solution needed to be able to operate completely offline, with only periodic data transfer to the network and therefore their ERP software. They initially went to market and had no luck. Not only were they after a reasonably bespoke solution, which included a complicated Risk Assessment process, but their limited connectivity requirements weren’t something many vendors were interested in getting involved with. We had a prior relationship with the client and they knew we had certain capabilities, so they approached us and asked us if we would consider building something for them.
- The device to be used was a Windows compatible tablet, which could also function as a laptop, if needed.
- It was agreed that data transfer to and from the device would be achieved via file transfer at the start and finish of the day at which time the device would be connected to a network enabled docking station.
- We provided a complete design specification based on our existing, bespoke, iOS Field Service Mobility Solution we had previously developed.
- We specified the incoming JSON formatted file containing static and dynamic Job related data, which would then be consumed by the ERP. Internal developers were responsible for the import/export from the ERP
- We also specified the outgoing end of day JSON formatted file containing all data logged against each job (e.g labour hours, parts).
- We built the Field Service Mobility application using Microsoft .NET MAUI framework. Features included:
- 1. Login Screen
- 2. Job Listing (With sorting and filtering by Job Type)
- 3.Job Details
- 4. View existing Parts and add additional Parts based on static parts list provided by the incoming data file.
- 5. View existing Job Notes and add additional Notes.
- 6. View any labour already logged against the Job.
- 7. View job allocations.
- 8. Start a job, fill out job risk assessment, adjust Job start time. 9
- 9.Pause a Started job, log labour done so far as well as apprentice labour.
- 10. Complete a Started Job, view/addd job notes. view/add job notes.
- We delivered a secure Windows-capable app that meet the restricted communications requirements and the data transfer requirements.
- All required functionality was made available, including additions to scope such as the Risk Assessment.
- The highly complex Risk Assessment was able to be translated into the “app-environment” and provide the same level of visual and functional richness of the current form.
- We were able to deliver the client a product with the exact Stage 1 functionality they needed, which meant they weren’t paying for or required to use functions they didn’t need.
If you’d like to learn more about this project or talk to us, click here for our contact details.