An ANZ business specialising in lifting and materials handing equipment suspected they were ineffectively running their chosen ERP. They could not produce adequate operational or financial reports from the system and users were regularly generating system errors. The software was not actively working for the business, but had become a meaningless peripheral that staff used simply because they had to. An earlier approach made by the business to their software vendor had not provided any significant assistance.
We were engaged to review the current database setup and usage, in order to determine how systems could be improved and then proactively enhance business profitability.
- An initial review performed by two Alchemists over two days yielded a treasure trove of information, allowing us to determine a very clear go-forward plan.
- The first phase included aligning business and systems coding structures towards reporting needs, as well as merging three separate legal entity databases into one. This gave Management instant access to consistent reporting over all three legal entities.
- The second phase involved a software version upgrade, moving the client from an outdated version o their ERP to the most current release. This gave them both the security of being on a supported release, as well as the benefits of newly available functionality.
- With the new coding structures in place, the final phase involved introduction of new business processes. This involved changing the way users interacted with the software, as well as removing redundant external systems, such as printing and re-printing of forms.
- Significantly improved Operational and Management reporting.
- Easier database administration for internal support.
- The first phase in process streamlining and simplification achieved.
- Users embraced the opportunity to up-skill on systems and process.
- With the achievement of the software upgrade, processes and reporting were further advanced by the increased functionality.
- Additional opportunities for business change were identified and a future change plan put in place
If you’d like to learn more about this project or talk to us, click here for our contact details.